Adding incentives to the OSMO/SOMM Pool on osmosis

With the recent success of the launch on Osmosis we’ve also encountered a small problem (albeit a good one to have) theres a lot more buyers than there is liquidity in the Somm Pool.
In order to get more holders to add their holdings to the liquidity pool and to increase interest in Sommelier I believe it would be beneficial to incentivize the pool with funds from the community pool. Im proposing to incentivize the OSMO/SOMM Pool #627 for 90 days with 1,550,000 SOMM for aproximately 17,222 SOMM Daily. This should bring awareness to the project and reward early adopters.

21 Likes

I am curious how did you calculate the incentive amounts ?

2 Likes

It’s roughly 1% of the community pool so not sizeable enough amount to have a large effect on the funds for future ventures but it is large enough to motivate people to LP. I made the proposal mainly to get the ball rolling and the numbers can be changed however the community and team see fit.

6 Likes

Good idea. It gives additional power to Sommelier

6 Likes

I fully support the proposal and vote for the introduction of additional rewards for liquidity providers! The amount of additional rewards looks fair, it will allow attracting more liquidity providers among current holders and at the same time will not have a negative impact on the project’s economy.

6 Likes

Hi, I I just recently joined! this is a great project I am sold!

LP is a great way to get more attraction! I think getting cryptocito or liam connor from youtube and twitter would also be beneficial indeed. The rise of the price an hour ago should raise a few eyebrows already.

2 Likes

Hi I like this proposal! I want to vote, but how to vote? I am new here.

4 Likes

i have the same question

Should definitely add SOMM incentives to the upcoming OSMO incentives to attract liquidity. There is only 2M in the pool right now would get way more liquidity if external incentives are added.

2 Likes

Yes, this would bootstrap liquidity before mainnet. Also, how does this process work? Would SOMM stakers vote on this?

1 Like

I liked … When will be possible staking SOMM single ?

grego 74 stay on topic, this is about incentives to Liquidity pools, not staking

1 Like

Should use 2% of the pool for this. Would get the project off to a great start

1 Like

I think that maybe 2% will be a bit too much, the 1% initiative its for me a sweet spot, to not as @Jesus said, affect the funds for future ventures.
I liked the initiative, agree, will incentivize the OSMO/SOMM for sure.

yeah, maybe like 1.5% or something to meet in the middle. This pool is the first real attention grabber and liquidity bootstrapping for the cosmos network. But I don’t really know what other plans they have for it, so I suppose that would factor into the total amount.

1 Like

I’m totally fine with proposal as is. 1% good, 1.5% better, 2% best… I just want it in a proposal and have it be actionable.

3 Likes

Very weird how all of a sudden there came a request for incentives in the span of a few hours. In here and the discord. Hopefully the devs proceed with caution with these request. Could be possible bots

There is more volume in SOMM per 24H than there is liquidity. How is it suspicious that people noticed that SOMM has no votes for SOMM incentives AFTER osmosis just passed their governance for adding their own incentives for the pool? If you want to add liquidity then there should be a vote to add SOMM incentives.

Also, this thread is 6 days old and you literally just joined the forum to post this.

3 Likes

There clearly isn’t enough liquidity yes. Vote for 2% personally.

2 Likes

I think THIS is an Excellent Idea as long as the initial allocation of Stimuli is relatively rewarding in effect.

First, Lets’ see if it gets a lot of “Bang” for the Buck! How about trying 1% initially and perhaps raising it up to 2% if it seems fit?

2 Likes