[SIPS-000] - Approve the Sommelier Governance Process

Author(s): Hooded_Towels
Type: Text

Discussions-to: [SIPS-000] - Approve the Sommelier Governance Process

Created: 14/09/2021

Simple Summary

Accept the Governance rules first set forth in our Forum. Sommelier Foundation. If you are interested in the community taking this proposal and conversation to an on-chain vote, please send a signal with 10 SOMM tokens at this Cosmos address: somm122mg296uvu7yd7v8tzfq3v8ruhrah4vkhfg0gz. We will use this to deposit the 10SOMM required to start the voting period.

Abstract

This proposal sets forth a formal governance structure so that we guarantee everyone’s voice is equally represented.

Motivation

The main objective of proposing a formal Sommelier Governance Proposal process is to remove any bias and to allow any community member to clearly know the steps needed to request changes/improvements.

Specification Overview

This SIPS-000 is simply a signaling and approval vote of the already published guidance for SIPS located on the Sommelier forum located at: Sommelier Improvement Proposal Guide (SIPS)

Sommelier Foundation. If you are interested in the community taking this proposal and conversation to an on-chain vote, please send a signal with 10 SOMM tokens at this Cosmos address: somm122mg296uvu7yd7v8tzfq3v8ruhrah4vkhfg0gz. We will use this to deposit the 10SOMM required to start the voting period.

Technical Specification

The technical specification for this proposal is to have this vote demonstrate the successful voting procedure of the Sommelier blockchain and to confirm that the linked Forum Post located at Sommelier Improvement Proposal Guide (SIPS)

Rationale

Now that Sommelier is mainnet, it’s time to give the community a clear structure towards governance of the protocol and the community pool of tokens. It’s time to go.

We are the Hooded Towels and we are happy to be part of the Sommelier network.

EDIT: We updated our Cosmos address to a SOMM address generated at sommscan[dot]io using the Keplr wallet plugin.

7 Likes

We have confirmed receipt of 10SOMM from the Foundation to the wallet. We will share our work on executing the vote for the proposal.

I don’t see how “everyone’s voice is equally represented” if I don’t have these 10 SOMM tokens, neither my friends who using Sommelier don’t have them.
Please explain!

We are simply following the proposal guides ourselves.

Did you read the Deposit section of Sommelier Improvement Proposal Guide (SIPS)?

Hi i just see in kepler wallt the chain sommelier its open already so i supposed that soon we have listen on osmosis dex or we can take by airdrop?
thanks for the answer

I don’t have 10SOMM in my wallet, but I still want to give some advice for the Sommelier ! I hope Sommelier can be a amazing DAO!

I approve the governing process